Safety, coexistence and health
Barcelona is renowned for its lifestyle. It's a friendly, open destination that welcomes visitors from around the world. Respect for and coexistence with the local community are the keys to an enjoyable stay that will allow you to explore the city in harmony. This is why we recommend you follow our tips about staying safe and the rules of coexistence. We also provide information about medical assistance that will make your stay in Barcelona much more pleasant.
- Keep an eye on your personal belongings and luggage at railway stations, at the airport, in hotel lobbies, in open spaces, on terraces and beaches, on public transport and in crowded places.
- Use the safety deposit boxes at your hotel or accommodation to store valuable items, such as personal documents and air tickets. Do not carry all your money with you when you go out.
- Keep your bag closed and wear it on the front of your body, not on your back. Do not carry valuable items, documents, keys, money or credit cards in your pockets.
- When driving, do not stop in unauthorised areas. If someone signals you to pull over after alerting you to a potential problem with your vehicle, exercise caution. We recommend you use secured car parks with CCTV.
- Please respect the rules of coexistence in the city as well as its public and private spaces. Keep the noise to a minimum, treat public places with respect and help keep them clean.
- We recommend you wear appropriate clothing, not only at visitor attractions but in public spaces too.
- Barcelona's civic bylaws prohibit the purchase of items, drinks and services from itinerant sellers.
- Avoid confidence tricks in the street, such as shell games, tarot readings, beggars and other services and distractions. Do not stop if asked to do so.
- Please observe the signs indicating bathing conditions and swimming areas (yellow and red flags). Do not swim beyond or by the breakwater.
- The WHO has named the health system in Catalonia one of the best in Europe, due to its highly qualified medical staff, the use of innovative technologies and commitment to research. Catalonia provides public healthcare for all. Quironsalud Quironsalud works with a wide range of insurance companies to provide health-care services. It offers free onsite medical assistance to visitors from abroad who have a medical emergency during their stay in Barcelona. Quironsalud has a 24-hour medical helpline offering telemedicine consultations and providing doctors who can visit you wherever you are, as well as ambulance transfers to the Teknon Medical Centre, where you will be fast-tracked through its Premium admissions service. For further information, phone 901 123 456.
- If you need an antigen or PCR test, we offer you our Check&Go. Check&Go service. You'll receive your test results in 15 minutes with an accuracy rate of 99.5%. You'll receive you PCR results within 24 to 48 hours with an accuracy rate of 97.1%. Check&Go can visit you at your home or the place where you are staying. If you prefer, you can book an appointment at one of its centres by phoning +34 645 097 511 or +34 613 009 366, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone 112: this is the emergency telephone number, as in the rest of the European Union. In Barcelona, calls are dealt with in Catalan, Spanish, English and French and there is a translation service in other languages. The number is used to contact the Catalan Police. de Cataluña (Mossos d'Esquadra), fire brigade and ambulance service.
You may be also interested
from 41,40 €
from 14,67 €
from 27,00 €
- Skip the line!
from 35,00 €
from 14,50 €
- Skip the line!
from 13,00 €
from 16,20 €
- Skip the line!
from 24,00 €