Safety and coexistence
Barcelona is an open city that is fun to live in and we want to keep it that way. We make every effort to ensure the city looks its best and is clean and safe for your visit. That is why we ask you to give us a helping hand by respecting local customs and by following a few simple rules.
- As in every large city, in Barcelona there are specific places or situations in which you should be vigilant with your belongings.
- We recommend you take special care on public transport, at the main tourist attractions, in crowds, in bars and at pavement cafés, among other places.
- Only carry around as much money as you need for that day. Leave valuables, including your plane ticket, in the safe at the hotel or the place you are staying.
- Carry a photocopy of your passport or ID card and not the original.
- Keep your bag closed at all times and wear it in front of you, not on your back. At your hotel, the airport and on public transport:do not leave your baggage unattended at any time.
- In your car, do not stop in unauthorised areas, and if another vehicle signals to you to pull over or stop, take all the necessary precautions. Use secure car parks whenever possible.
- Please follow the city's rules of coexistence. It is important to respect the city's private and public heritage. We recommend you dress appropriately, not only when visiting tourist landmarks but also in public spaces.
- Civic bylaws prohibit the purchase of goods from illegal street sellers. Games of chance, betting scams, tarot card readings and beggars, as well as people offering certain services and other distractions, often not legitimately. Give them a wide berth!
- Telephone 112: this is the emergency telephone number, as in the rest of the European Union. In Barcelona, calls are dealt with in Catalan, Spanish, English and French and there is a translation service in other languages. The number is used to contact the Catalan Police. de Cataluña (Mossos d'Esquadra), fire brigade and ambulance service.
You may be also interested
from 41,40 €
from 14,67 €
from 27,00 €
- Skip the line!
from 35,00 €
from 14,50 €
from 80,75 €
from 18,00 €
from 16,20 €
- 50%onlineSkip the line!
from 6,00 €