Come and visit the magic mountain of Montserrat. A wonderful, mystical place where nature, culture, religious worship and legends converge to make it truly unique.
Ride to Montserrat on one of the few operational rack railways in Catalonia
and enjoy the breathtaking views of its majestic peaks.
Our guide will take you round Montserrat Monastery which is home to the shrine to the black virgin, La Moreneta,
the patron saint of Catalonia, and the boys’ choir, the Escolania de Montserrat,
which is one of the oldest in Europe. The choir is internationally renowned and its singers, who are aged 7 to 13, receive a full-time music and school education. They give concerts around the world and take part in the religious services at the monastery. Hearing them sing is a true privilege and a feast for the ears.
Don’t miss a single detail!What does your booking include?
- Trip from Barcelona on a fully equipped bus.
- Courier throughout the trip (English, Spanish and Catalan).
- Ticket for the rack railway to Montserrat.
- Guided tour of Montserrat.
- Admission to the monastery.
- Admission to the shrine of the black virgin, La Moreneta.
- Performance by the choir, the Escolania de Montserrat (Monday to Friday)*.
*When there are no scheduled performances by the choir, a visit to the museum, the Museu de Montserrat, will be offered as an alternative. The museum features works by world-renowned artists and amazes visitors to this mountain steeped in legend.