An afternoon will give you enough time to discover the holy mountain of Montserrat with your five senses. You'll see, hear, touch and even smell the essence of a Benedictine monastery which is also a shrine to Catalan spirituality and culture located in the middle of a natural park.
Right from the start, your attention will be drawn to the uniqueness of the rocky massif of Montserrat, which consists of a series of diverse outcrops moulded by the wind and rain.
The audiovisual gallery with the interactive exhibit "Montserrat behind closed doors"
will awaken your senses and trigger your imagination. It takes you on a virtual tour of the monastery where you'll find out about the everyday life of a community of the Benedictine Order.
Inside the basilica you'll be able to touch and kiss the Black Madonna, or Moreneta, so-called because of the dark colour of her skin
. The Madonna is a polychrome Romanesque carving dating from the 12th century.
To end your tour, you'll be able to smell and taste the essence of Montserrat by sampling four typical liqueurs. Sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. All in one afternoon.What does your afternoon trip to Montserrat booking include?
- Travel in an air-conditioned bus.
- Wireless tour guide.
- Official multilingual guide (spanish/english).
- Travel on the rack railway or cable car, depending on the chosen option, to the top of Montserrat.
- Tour of the basilica which is home to the Moreneta.
- Admission to the audiovisual exhibit.
- Tasting of four typical liqueurs from Montserrat.