Barcelona's best shops
Barcelona is the perfect place to go shopping whether you're wanting to renew your wardrobe with clothes by leading brands, or want to browse shops with soul and take away some local products. As you wander through its streets, you'll find everything from fashions and hand-made items to decorative goods and gourmet produce. A love of design is part of the city's DNA so if you're interested in unique and inspiring shops, you've come to the right place.
Discover Barcelona through its different neighbourhoods
The retail areas in the different neighbourhoods are the perfect places to soak up the city's culture. There are neighbourhoods, like Gràcia with its chic boutiques selling local designs, more central areas where you'll find international brands, as well as iconic places like the city's flea market the Encants de Barcelona, where you'll find a wide variety of antiques and bargains. Don't miss the public auction of job lots every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning from 7 to 9am.
Barcelona's shopping centres
If you like finding everything you need under one roof, Barcelona's shopping centres are the best places to go. Here are the essential ones:
- Arenas Barcelona: housed inside a former bullring in Plaça d'Espanya, this shopping centre retains the original façade and is the perfect place to enjoy some of the finest views of Barcelona.
- Diagonal Mar: the perfect place to go shopping after enjoying a day at the beach and the Olympic Village.
- Glòries: an open, cosmopolitan space near one of Barcelona's most innovative neighbourhoods, 22@. It has a wide range of shops and food outlets.
- L'Illa Diagonal: a wide range of dining options as well as shops selling a wide range of international and local brands.
- La Maquinista: one of the biggest shopping centres in Spain, this open-air retail haven has more than 150 shops.
- Maremagnum: opens 365 days a year and boasts spectacular views of the sea and Barcelona harbour.
La Roca Village, leading brands just a short distance from Barcelona
La Roca Village is an amazing place for lovers of luxury shopping. Just 40 minutes away from Barcelona, this Mediterranean-style designer outlet with its pedestrianised streets features more than 140 boutiques selling leading brands with savings of up to 60%.
El Corte Inglés, the department store where you can find almost anything
El Corte Inglés is the go-to fashion flagship store where you'll find the latest trends, exclusive international labels, prestigious jewellery brands, timepieces, cosmetics and perfumes, and the most exquisite foods from around the world.
Explore the Barcelona Shopping Line
If you like losing yourself in the city, we recommend you visit the Barcelona Shopping Line, with 5 km of shop windows set among architectural gems such as La Pedrera, the Casa Batlló and the Casa Amatller. The Barcelona Shopping Line includes:
- Avinguda Diagonal: a broad avenue where you'll find the world's leading brands.
- Eixample and Passeig de Gràcia: the perfect place to browse clothes boutiques selling prestigious brands.
- The old town: an area with a wide variety of centuries-old emporia and vintage shops.
- El Born: the perfect place to discover innovative fashion boutiques, art and local food.
Shops you'll only see in Barcelona
We recommend you visit Barcelona's Unique Shops, which sell local crafts and designs and sustainable fashion. Shops dating back more than a hundred years that are well worth visiting. Here are our picks:
- Bornisimo: here you'll find ceramics, art objects and other accessories, most of them made by artisans from Barcelona.
- Hàbit Atelier by Miquel Barberà: a workshop dedicated to hand-made art jewellery housed inside a Gothic mansion where you can see the creative process of designer Miquel Barberà in situ.
- La Manual Alpargatera: an iconic shop where you'll find one of the neighbourhood's most authentic local products: the espadrille.
- Cortana: original and elegant hand-made fashions using the finest-quality natural fabrics.
- Ozz Barcelona: the Catalan capital's temple to slow fashion. Crammed with ethical, environmentally friendly and zero-carbon clothes made by up-and-coming designers and artists living in Barcelona.
- RS Barcelona 365 Concept Store: 300 m2 concept store with designer products and a great selection of brands made in Barcelona.
- Sañudo Artesania En Cuir: an atelier specialising in leather that will make your shopping experience unforgettable with its ambiance, gallery and décor.
Or why not treat yourself to some of our local sweet treats and visit places such as:
- Papabubble hand-made sweets: if you have a sweet tooth, you'll enjoy the experience of seeing how hand-made sweets are produced.
- Torrons La Campana: this family-run shop, founded more than 130 years ago, is one of the city's most iconic establishments. It produces hand-made nougats of the finest quality.
- Pastisseria Mauri: cakes, chocolates, gift items and a tea room. A Barcelona classic founded nearly three-quarters of a century ago renowned for its professional service and quality products.
If you're looking for a souvenir of Barcelona, Barcelona's museum shops are a great place to find one. You'll also find unique mementoes at places like:
- Empremtes de Catalunya: hand-crafted goods all made in Catalonia, which embody the values of the region through elements linked to its culture, traditions, architecture, landscape and popular customs.
- B de Barcelona: products that eschew clichés and mass-produced souvenirs, most of them designed and produced by local creatives.
For your convenience, if you live outside the EU you can process your VAT refund at our tourist information offices using our Tax Free service. Enjoy your shopping!
You may be also interested
from 30,00 € from 5,00 €
- Skip the line!
from 38,00 €
- Skip the line!
from 25,00 € from 75,00 €
from 15,58 €
from 46,80 €
- Skip the line!
from 15,00 €
- Skip the line!
from 14,00 €