Alfresco Barcelona 05/08/2021
Barcelona is Mediterranean, green and blue, and the perfect place to explore in the open air. Summer is the time to enjoy yourself to the full and make the most of Barcelona while you enjoy all the things to do and the different places where you can experience the city alfresco.
Things to do in Barcelona if you're looking for greenery
If you're looking for nature, in Barcelona you'll also find many parks and gardens where you can read, walk and play sport. Historic attractions, like the Parc de la Ciutadella; art-nouveau sites, like Park Güell , which you can discover on a guided tour; woodland sites, like the Parc del Guinardó; classic, stately gardens like the Horta Labyrinth; and, of course, Barcelona's two green lungs: Montjuïc and Collserola.
Barcelona and the sea: the blue city
Discovering the Mediterranean sea. is the perfect plan in Barcelona. The city has 5 kilometres of beaches and a bathing area at the Forum site. They are all easily accessible by public transport and offer all kinds of services. The following beaches have been awarded Blue Flag status: Sant Sebastià, Sant Miquel, Bogatell, Mar Bella and Nova Mar Bella. Sant Miquel, Somorrostro, Nova Icària and Nova Mar Bella are smoke-free beaches. And you'll find a special service to assist people with reduced mobility who have difficulties accessing the water at Sant Miquel and Nova Icària beaches, as well as the bathing area at the Forum site.
Water-based activities in Barcelona
Water sports are part of the city's spirit. Spend the day swimming, surfing, kayaking, paddle surfing or parasailing and discover the city's coastline while you cool off.
Barcelona also has legendary sea tours including trips on the Golondrina pleasure boats or a catamaran. Hop on board one of these classic boats or, if you're looking for something special to do with your husband, wife, partner or friends, sign up for one of these activities:
- Sailing while you watch the sunset.
- Having breakfast or a snack on a sailing boat.
- Having a pre-meal drink and snack on board a sailing boat.
- Meeting new people with a shared activity out at sea.
And if you want to go diving, make the most of the summer to learn how to scuba dive in Mataró. Just 30 minutes to the north of Barcelona, you'll be able to learn to dive and swim among the fish and coral while all you can hear is the sound of your breathing.
Get moving in Barcelona
If you love physical activity, and you like keeping fit, Barcelona offers you what you need. Its streets, boulevards, and coastline become spaces where you can walk, run, cycle and enjoy water sports. If you feel like making plans in Barcelona to keep yourself active, you'll certainly find it here.
Barcelona on foot
Exploring Barcelona is a wonderful experience, and if you do it on foot – either walking or running – you'll discover hidden corners and soak up all the culture and history while keeping fit.
Barcelona is a perfect place for runners. The Catalan capital hosts a plethora of sporting events like the Barcelona Marathon, which is the fifth biggest event of its kind in Europe; and has lots of amazing routes for open-air running by the sea, among natural scenery and in green spaces.
If you're into walking, you'll find lots of guided walking trails to discover the city and its environs and you'll be fascinated by the explanations and passion of your expert guide. Here are some of the most unusual trails:
- Barcelona Literary tour: discover the locations featured in two novels set in Barcelona: "The Shadow of the Wind" and "The Cathedral of the Sea".
- Barcelona Civil War tour: a walk through history which brings to life one of the major conflicts that took place in the city.
- Ghosts of Barcelona: a hair-raising tour featuring stories of exorcisms, witchcraft and haunted convents.
Barcelona on wheels
Bicycle tours are another great choice if you want to keep fit and see Barcelona at the same time.
- Street Art bike tour: this tour looks at the city as if it were an urban art gallery.
- Bike tour of the magic mountain of Montjuïc: discover one of the city's green lungs in a relaxed, fun atmosphere.
- Bike tour of the seafront: a bike ride with the sea as the backdrop, which, in itself, is an invitation to relax.
Fresh air and adventures outside the city
Fans of adrenaline-charged activities and fresh air will find a great choice of extreme sports. Montserrat is one of the most amazing natural sites in Barcelona. Visit Montserrat in a balloon and enjoy a bird's eye view of this stunning mountain or feel the freedom of a parachute jump.
Another option is to discover the exclusive residential marina Empuriabrava, on the Costa Brava, with Skydive Barcelona Empuriabrava: tandem parachute jumps from 4,000 metres up in the air with spectacular views of the Catalan Pyrenees and the bay of Roses on the shores of the Mediterranean.
Between drinks among the vines
Do you like good wine? Well, just hop on board a sailing boat bound for one of the wineries near the city, or visit the Penedès county to enjoy its finest wines or take an original tour of the vineyards on a bike or segway.
- The e-bike vineyard tour visits one of the most beautiful wine-producing regions in Catalonia, with Mount Montserrat as its backdrop.
- Explore the Wine Road, which visits the vineyards in the Penedès and sample the best wines on the segway and wine tourism on the Wine Road trail.
- Sailing trip and wineries: hop on board a sailing boat from Barcelona to Masnou and taste some of Alella's organic wines.
There are so many ways to explore Barcelona: Discover all the options you can enjoy in the open air!
You may be also interested
from 33,00 € from 9,00 € from 11,00 €
- Skip the line!
from 38,00 €
- Skip the line!
from 25,00 €
- 25%onlineSkip the line!
from 69,56 €
- Skip the line!
from 17,00 €
from 15,58 €
- Skip the line!
from 14,00 €