This guided tour will take you to the sweetest side of Barcelona, through its cake shops, traditional bakeries, cafés… a new way of rediscovering the streets of the Gothic Quarter and the Born.
Barcelona’s passion for sweet treats dates back to Roman times when people used to eat desserts made from honey, dried fruit and nuts. In the Middle Ages they were already drinking sweet Moscatel wine and eating flatbreads, and the time-honoured tradition of serving a different cake or pastry on each of the city’s feast days or festivals dates from this time.
Barcelona is home to renowned, award-winning patisseries, like Escribà, Bubó and Hoffman,and traditional establishments, such as Brunells and La Colmena, to name just a few.
There’s one street in the citysteeped in the aroma ofchocolate. We’re talking about Carrer Petritxol with its cosy cafés – known as granjas– where you can sample churro fritters served with a cup of thick hot chocolate and the most delicious crema catalana, the Catalan take on crème brûlée.
If you can’t resist the sweet flatbreads known as cocas, turrón nougats, chocolate, cakes and croissants, you can’t afford to miss this tour.What does your booking include?
- Guided tour of the streets of the Gothic Quarter and the Born, centuries-old shops, the Boqueria Market and its stalls selling sweets and candied fruit.
- Tasting of an artisan product (not suitable for people with nut allergies or gluten intolerance).
: Saturday, from 12:30pm to 2:30pm.Languages
: from March to June in Catalan/Spanish. From July to October in Spanish/English.Length
: 2 hours. Meeting Point
: Canaletes Fountain. (La Rambla, 133). Metro: L1 and L3, Catalunya stop. FGC: Catalunya stop.
- Passengers must arrive at the meeting point 10 min.before departure time.
- Face masks must be worn for the full duration of the tour and the mouth and nose kept covered.
- Please observe social distancing for the full duration of the tour.
- Tours are guaranteed and will take place even if it is raining or the weather is bad.
Customer services provider: OH MY GUIDE! BARCELONA