Discover the Penedès, land of fine wines and cavas, on this guided Segway tour of the vineyards and wineries.
The Wine Road (Carretera del Vi) trail is a guided Segway tour departing from Vilafranca del Penedès and going through its surrounding vineyards
The meeting point is the Wine Road information centre next to the railway station in Vilafranca. From there, you’ll make your way to the outskirts of Vilafranca, where you’ll discover the surrounding vineyards and enjoy wonderful views of the city.
At the estate, one of the team will take you on a guided tour of the family-run winery and you’ll be able to sample its DO Penedès wines. After the tasting, you’ll head back to your departure point.
During the tour, you’ll be able to enjoy the vineyards, the scenery and heritage around the capital of the Penedès, in the company of your guide, who will tell about the history of the city, its wine-making tradition, growing grapes and wine production.
11:15h – Meeting at the Wine Road information centre.
11:30h – Start of the tour with a short briefing about using the Segway
12:30h – Winery and tasting tour.
13:30h – Return to Vilafranca.
14:00h – End of tour.What does your booking include ?
- Guide during the entire tour.
- Guided tour of a winery.
- Wine tasting.
- Necessary insurance covering accidents and civil liability.
: Friday at 11:30am.Closed
: 1/1, 24/6, 29/8, 30/8, 31/8, 25/12 and 26/12.Languages
: English, Spanish, French and Catalan.Length
: 2 hours and 30 minuts (1h30’ route + 1 hour tasting and visit at bodega Torreblanca).Punto de encuentro
: Carretera del Vino (Wine road) office (located in the same building as the train station), plaça de l'estació núm. 4, Vilafranca del Penedès. Tren: Rodalies Renfe R4, from pl. Catalunya or Sants station to Vilafranca del Penedès station.
- Passengers must arrive at the departure terminal 30 min. before departure time.
- The minimum age to take part is 12 years old as smaller children don’t have enough strength to operate and ride the Segway.
- Expectant mothers are not permitted to ride a Segway due to the risk of falling.
- We recommend you wear comfortable footwear, sunscreen, and a windcheater in winter.
- Route not suitable for people with reduced mobility and/or visual and hearing impairment.
- Technical details about the route: 10 km / Gradient: +84 m / Circuit: circular / Difficulty: easy
Customer services provider: ESPORTEC OUTDOOR SPORT