The MEAM is located in the Palau Gomis, a unique 18th-century neoclassical building in the Born district, which is one of Barcelona’s key tourist and cultural sites.
The Fundació de les Arts i els Artistes has founded the MEAM, Museu Europeu d’Art Modern, as a showcase for its collections. The Foundation’s mission is to give impetus to and disseminate figurative art, and, more specifically, painting and sculpture from the late 19th century to the present day. The Foundation’s holdings will be the focus of the MEAM’s displays, although temporary exhibitions are planned in order to ensure it generates a dynamic and attractive programme of events.Temporary Exhibitions
- Kike Meana and Jaime Valero. From 23/9 to 11/12.
- 4th Barcelona's International art biennale. From 18/11 to 20/11.
Free admission children up to 10 years.Reduced ticket: over 65 years old, official disability certificate and students. Proof of age must be provided at the ticket office. Guided visits in Catalan and Spanish every Saturday and Sunday at 12noon. Pre-booking is necessary for guided tours in other languages. Please contact the museum.
- Address: Barra de Ferro, 5.
- Town: 08003 Barcelona.
- Phone: 933 195 693
- How to get there: metro L4 stop Jaume I.| Bus: 17, 45, 120 and V17.
- Opening time:
- Tuesday to Sunday, from 11am to 7pm. Closed: Mondays, January 1st, May 1st, December 25th & 26.
Customer services provider: MEAM - MUSEU EUROPEU D’ART MODERN