A dreamlike landscape
Far from the noise and bustle of the city to the comforting peace and quiet of the mountain landscape: high peaks, leafy valleys, crystal clear streams, steeply sloping, whimsical rock forms and captivating villages.
- Enjoy nature at its purest in a place which still retains the rustic feel of stone houses and slate roofs.
- In the Pyrenees you’ll not just be surprised at its bucolic landscape and charming villages but also by its rich artistic heritage. The Romanesque churches and monasteries dotted around the small villages and valleys are unique in style.
- Itinerary of the visit: Barcelona – Ripoll - Ribes de Freser - Vall de Núria –Queralbs - Barcelona.
- Description of the itinerary:
- Departure from Barcelona to Ripoll, a village considered to be the cradle of Catalonia because of the influence of its monastery which was an important cultural centre in the Middle Ages and has an important collection of manuscripts, some of them written on the site.
- Afterwards, we’ll head to Ribes de Freser to take the rack railway to the Vall de Núria. During the trip you’ll be treated to a constant display of spectacular landscapes. Surrounded by mountains that are almost 3,000 m high, and with an unquestionably beautiful natural landscape, Núria is also known as a place of pilgrimage. Its shrine, with its history rooted in ancient times, venerates the virgin of the same name.
- You’ll discover Queralbs, a typical Pyrenean mountain village where, even today, the stone houses and cobbled streets bear witness to its rural way of life.
- Before heading back to Barcelona we’ll visit the village’s most typical hostelry to sample some of the local producers’ wonderful home made cheeses, cured meats and sausages, accompanied by a typical wine of the region.
- The visit includes:
- Guide / courier.
- Admission to Ripoll Monastery.
- Rack railway and cable car to Núria.
- Cheese, cured meat, sausage and wine tasting.
- Languages: English and Spanish.
- Departures every Wednesday at 9am from Plaça Catalunya (in front of the Hard Rock Café). Passengers must arrive 15 minutes before departure.
- Return at 8pm to Pl. Catalunya.
- Under 6s, free visit.
Business providing the service: Monica Mateu Batlle
 932 853 832