Montserrat & Colonia Güell de Gaudí
Spirituality and the best architecture near Barcelona
One-day trip to the holy mountain of Montserrat, with its monastery dating back almost 1,000 years, and Gaudí’s crypt in the Colònia Güell, which was awarded World Heritage Site status in 2005.
- A tour from Barcelona which includes nature, spirituality and architecture.
- The first stop is the Colònia Güell, where you’ll be able to visit the Crypt, the building that Gaudí used as a test bed for many of his architectural solutions before he built the Sagrada Familia.
- The second stop is the mountain and Benedictine monastery of Montserrat, which was founded in the 11th century, located in a natural park 60 kilometres outside Barcelona.
- Fully equipped coaches, from Barcelona.
- A courier travels on board throughout the trip.
- Complete informative guide with detailed information about Montserrat and the places to visit.
- Tours run:
- From 7th April to 9 November 2014: daily except Monday.
- From 10th November to 23 March 2015: Tuesday and Friday.
- Closed: 25/12, 26/12, 1/1 and 6/1.
- Departure at 8.30am from Plaça Catalunya (in front of El Corte Inglés). Passengers should arrive 20 minutes before the coach departs. See coach departure point
- Arrival back in Barcelona at 4.30pm (Plaça Catalunya).
- Itinerary: Barcelona-Gaudí's Crypt and Colònia Güell-Montserrat-Barcelona.
- The ticket includes:
- Guided tour in Gaudí's Crypt - Colonia Güell and glass of cava.
- Ride on the rack railway to Montserrat.
- Orientation tour in Montserrat.
- Discounts at museums, places of interest, shops and restaurants.
- Languages: Catalan, Spanish and English.
- Audioguide system in 10 languages: Catalan, Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese and Russian. The same audioguide system is valid for all three routes and has an extra charge of 5€. The audioguide is recommended for non English, Spanish and Catalan speakers.
Business providing the service: CATALUNYA BUS TURISTIC UTE
 932 853 832
Additional information to purchase the ticket
- Children aged 0-8, free.
- The audioguide is not recommended for English, Spanish and Catalan speakers.