Gran Teatre del Liceu
Visits to the Barcelona's magnificent opera house
Barcelona's theatre opera house, the Gran Teatre del Liceu, opened in 1847 on the Barcelona's famous Rambla. One of the key landmarks of Barcelona, it has been a major centre for culture and the performing arts for over 150 years.
- The Barcelona Opera House offers daily tours of its most representative areas:
- The theatre's auditorium, which was destroyed by a fire in 1994 and rebuilt as faithfully as possible, seats 2,292.
- Liceu's Saló dels miralls (Hall of Mirrors) is an area where the public can meet and relax. It survived the fire and has been completely refurbished.
- Liceu's Foyer is an area where people can relax during the interval. It also hosts concerts, small-scale performances and other activities.
- The guided tour itinerary through the gran Teatre del Liceu includes a visit to the Cercle del Liceu, a private members club and a magnificent example of Catalonia's home-grown Art Nouveau, Modernist style.
- Language: Spanish and English.
- Guided tour: 10am, Monday to Sunday. Duration: 1h. 10 min.
- Address: Gran Teatre del Liceu. La Rambla 51-59. Metro L3 - Liceu.
- Important notice: For technical and/or artistic reasons, the main auditorium or other areas may be closed to the public.
- Further information about the Barcelona Opera House (Gran Teatre del Liceu).
Business providing the service: Fundació Gran Teatre del Liceu
 932 853 832